Betty Duffy

(Amateur)

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Check this out:

My friend Gabe Harley is interviewed in Mc Sweeney's this week in their odd or unusual jobs series. He runs a recording studio in the middle of nowhere Indiana. You can listen to his music here.


And here is Matthew Lickona's latest work from Korrektiv Press, first in a series on the lives of famous Catholics, the exceptionally entertaining and provocative play, Surfing with Mel.



Oh, and here is one of my best friends from college, who's living in a window for banned books week.



...and here, is one of my housemates in England, who's now a New York Times best selling author of lots and lots of books, but mostly notably, monster mash-ups of Jane Austen and Tolstoy.


And here is one of my favorite writing profs interviewed in The Atlantic for  his new crime novel, The Next Right Thing.



And here is my college roommate singing in her own music video, a song from her album, Wake Up Love.




Now, I'm going to go to bed for the rest of the afternoon with my existential crisis.

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

No pressure then... On the flip side, you certainly know some interesting people!

BettyDuffy said...

Great, great people I have known. But they make me feel like a terrible slacker. Time to get busy, I guess.

nancyo said...

You don't need to get busy; you are busy! And don't sell yourself short. Although I know how you feel, classmates of mine went on to great heights of success, while I... stayed home and raised my children.

Matthew Lickona said...

TAGGED WITH: COME TO CALIFORNIA AND RECORD.

Thanks awfully for the notice. You're not a slacker.

BettyDuffy said...

TAGGED WITH: MUST>>>FINISH>>>SONGS!

Zach said...

All these people have the same existential crises you do.

No complete happiness this side of heaven

Emily J. said...

Maybe they all have been inspired by their contact with you...

BettyDuffy said...

Ha ha Em J.

Or else, inspired to do things very differently.

Matthew Lickona said...

Re-tagged with: creativity comes from collaboration.