Betty Duffy

***

Friday, April 27, 2012

Potty talk

The Girl (age 7): "We're going to the Indiana State Museum for a field trip."

 The eleven-year-old boy: "That place has inappropriate bathrooms."

 Girl: "Why? what's wrong with them. Do they not have doors between them?"

 Boy: "It's like a really long sink that everybody pees in."

 Nine-year-old boy: "Sounds like fun! I can't wait to add that to my list of strange toilets! First there are the ones that look like sinks, now these really long sinks that I'm hearing about, and also the ones that are like a hole in the floor, which pose a real hazard for not peeing on the floor."

 Girl: "Why are you peeing in sinks? That is inappropriate."

 Eleven: "Haven't you ever been in a boys' bathroom. It's called a urinal."

 Girl: "No! I've never been in a boys' bathroom."

 Boy eleven: "I've been in a girls' bathroom. We hid in there playing hide and seek after track practice."

Boy nine: "That's not why I went in there."

7 comments:

Kimberlie said...

ROTFL! Seriously. Love the potty talk.

Erin said...

This is why I love kids. You just never know...

nancyo said...

At first I read your post's title as "Poetry Talk" and was quite confused when I got to the dialogue. Here I thought you were celebrating National Poetry Month!

R.E.O. Johnson said...

The strangest part is that a nine-year-old said "which poses a real hazard."

BettyDuffy said...

Nine-year-old is big for his age, in every way. But terribly interesting.

Peter and Nancy said...

Is she going to the Indiana state historical society museum? A dear friend of mine works there . . . I'll have to e-mail her this post and find out the scoop on those long urinals. :o)
Nancy

BettyDuffy said...

The Historical Society is such a neat place. But they're going to the Indiana state museum which is nearby, but is not the same.