Betty Duffy

(Amateur)

Monday, February 27, 2012

See you March 10?

I expect posting to slow down in this space for the rest of Lent. Though, I don't know. I'm a contrarian, so sometimes just saying I'm not going to write brings on the compulsion. Anyway, I've got stuff I need to do, and I'm going to try and do it.

But I am going to the Behold Conference in a couple weeks, and hopefully some of you will be there too. Registration goes until Thursday of this week--so there's still time.

I swore off lady conferences for awhile, and then I felt sad and left out when all the fun people were at the Faith and Family Conference last year. All the pictures started turning up on Facebook then, of people eating pizza together and speaking into microphones, and wearing name tags, and I thought, "Never again will I stubbornly sit at home while lady conferences of my favorite bloggers are going on."

In addition to the featured bloggers, I'm very excited to meet Jamie, and to hit the road again with Mrs. Darwin.

And to top it off, I'm bringing a cooler of stuff I gave up for Lent.

If you're anywhere near the Midwest, and you're a lady, register today!

9 comments:

Julia said...

Dare I admit that I've never been to a lady conference? Hope you have a grand time.

Kimberlie said...

I haven't been to a lady conference since before I became Catholic. Must be 15 yrs now. Wish I could be there. Not this year because of all these outside commitments I have made. I really need to add the word "No" to my vocabulary.

Sally Thomas said...

I have to admit that I've never even wanted to go to a lady conference (unless it was a homeschooling one, and even then . . . ) -- though I always have that hindsight-regret thing of seeing the photos of the people having fun.

Then I think, "Why am I so . . . whatever?" Because there are a lot of women (you included) with whom I think it would be really fun to drink the sacrificial beverages afterward. In fact, in my ideal world, we'd skip the conference part and go right to the sacrificial-beverage part, but that's probably because I'm arrogant and tend to think that I stand to learn nothing from talks and breakout sessions. (which is a problem and why I am grateful for the sacrament of confession, all the time . . . )

Anyway, not anywhere near the Midwest, alas. So that solves any dilemma I might have had (not to mention that that's my wedding anniversary, so I have a prior sacrificial-beverage-and-other-fun commitment that evening).

Hope you have a super time, though. And I'll feel my usual hindsight-regret when I see the pictures.

MrsDarwin said...

"P-A-R-T... why? Because we gotta!"

I'm looking forward to this, oh yes, though I don't if we we meet either the "lady" or the "conference" side of the equation. It's like the Church: here comes everybody.

ElizabethK said...

The lady conferences are always very far away. But I am happy that you're going to go, I shall live vicariously through you.

BettyDuffy said...

Sally, I have the same ..whatever...feelings about conferences. Frankly, I'm not a good listener, unless I'm at close range with a small group of people having rollicking conversation (which I hope to have at Behold).

Wish y'all could come.

Dwija {House Unseen} said...

Holy schneikies. YOU'RE going TOO? Ugh! I am so totally IN the midwest, but am I going to abandon my husband with our 4 children and take our one and only motorized vehicle to a Lady Conference leaving him housebound alone for N days? The answer should be yes, I know. But it isn't. Sigh. Next year! Next year.

Marcia said...

I'm not so hip on large numbers of women crying together, but I did enjoy myself last year at Behold.

I look forward to sneaking out of a session or two to find you chatting in the hallway with another lady!

Carla Dobs said...

I will be there too! Hope to meet you in person!

Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com