Betty Duffy

(Amateur)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Evil is interesting...

Which is why, when Jennifer at Conversion Diary asked if I'd like to contribute to her series, "Our Father Word by Word," I jumped on it.

I commend the folks who meditated on words like "this" and "but." It takes some serious spiritual insight to draw the depth and meaning out of those words in the context of the Lord's Prayer.

I also offer my highest praise to all of the excellent writers who led us through this journey of prayer. I hope to scroll back through those meditations this Advent and spend more time with them.

And thank you, Jennifer, for the opportunity to add my humble submission to this amazing project.

3 comments:

Raymond Koepsell said...

The last sentence resonates with me, powerfully. "Deliver us from the evil to which we have become attached and blind..." I have a whole new concept to incorporate into my prayer life. Thank you Betty.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Thanks so much for your post, Betty! It was an honor to have you participate.

Maria said...

What an amazing project! I used to read Jennifer's blog and I'm so glad to find it again.

When I was in high school, our pastor decided to set up a high school religion class for the few of us who were interested, and we went through the Our Father line by line. It was fascinating and I learned so much. This is even better.

Your contribution is really helpful, too. It's hard for that "Evil" word to just roll off the tongue at the end....