Betty Duffy

(Amateur)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Weighty Issue (And a Linkfest!)

I'm sure you'll enjoy Kimberlie's story on beauty and body image. I've known her through comments for quite awhile, and now I'm loving her blog.

And Mrs. Darwin talks about beauty, body image and breastfeeding.

Heck, while I'm at it, I might as well make this a big link party about all sorts of things.

Here's Mighty Maggie talking about husbands who travel, a topic near and dear to my heart. For any woman struggling with "keeping score" about all the supposedly fun things our husbands do to develop their careers while we stay home, this will let you know you're not alone. Good for traveling husbands to read too (hint).

Here's Amy Welborn's new travel blog that's going to take us all over the world from the luxury of our own laptops.

Here's Julia, at Lotsa Laundry, who writes "upon too many topics, in time she doesn't have, for no known reason."

My kind of writer, and if you find her in a combox, she always has some unique and wise perspective.

Here's Magsmuse: a thoughtful, poetic, searching writer from over the pond.

And the talented Trish Bailey, at Jalapeno Peppers. This post cracked me up. Must admit, I know Trish in real life. She's gorgeous, funny and incredibly smart.

And finally, Sachiko Says: she's Mormon, a mother of six, and thinks about things a lot like I do.

10 comments:

Kimberlie said...

Thank you Betty for linking to me. It's an honor!

Kimberlie said...

OK, so I just posted that with my Dumpling House identity. :) Now I will say "thanks" with my Carpeveritatem identity.

Erin said...

Oh, Betty. Your post and Maggie's post about traveling husbands -- I feel the pain too, but in a completely different way. I do not have kids yets, and so you'd think I'd have more time to focus on me. But my husband has been in college since the day we married. I graduated just a year after our marriage, but he needed to time to "find himself" and complete his degree. So I waited patiently... taking a job that I did NOT want so we could pay the bills... and I suffered miscarriages along the way... and all my dreams seemed crushed. I've waited and waited for "my turn." And now he's graduating next weekend. I can hardly believe it. I've waited 5-1/2 years. Now that it's FINALLY here, all I can think about is spending more time with him and helping HIM search for a good career... rather than focusing on my own career goals and dreams. Because suddenly I realize my dreams ARE coming true. It's much sweeter than I ever thought. :)

Amber said...

Thank you darling Betty Duffy, Bright funny holier in honesty than most I know x Thoughtful searching over pond x I Love it x Bless you x

The baby, the one that went straight to Heaven, will have a candle lit for him in Brentwood Cathedral on Thursday eve, along with River Charles my one.

Easter Tidings

mags xx

Julia said...

Back atcha with appreciation for good writing! My heart always does a little happy dance when my reader shows that you've posted something!

MrsDarwin said...

Thanks for the link, Betty! And the great round-up -- lots of good stuff here.

MrsDarwin said...

Darwin just got back from a business trip to SF, and was telling me about the progressively odd evening events out with the group. "It was very... Betty Duffy," he said. I demanded to know if he'd gone to the Sexy Bistro without me, but he only meant he was observing events that might have taken place at the Sexy Bistro.

BettyDuffy said...

Mrs. D, I love it that "Betty Duffy" has adverbial status in your home.

Trish Bailey de Arceo said...

Wow, thanks for the link! And the glowing praise... the people who know me best would not recognize me from your description! ha ha Keep writing, Betty... I always enjoy your posts.

Trish Bailey de Arceo said...

Erin, what a beautiful comment... isn't it true that acceptance of our reality is sometimes the longest, hardest journey?