Betty Duffy

(Amateur)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This is not what I sat down to write

I've fallen into a habit of turning everything I write into some sort of dissertation or essay, and it was fun for awhile, and I'm sure I have a few more up my sleeve, but at the moment, coming off a sick spell with my kids, feeling stir crazy, and mother crazy, annoyed that my husband is out of town again, and that I have no peanut M&Ms with which to celebrate Mardi Gras, I just want to let my fingers do a little walking on this keyboard and let whatever comes out, come out (That was a long sentence).

My little secret that I share with you now, is that I'm the president of the PTO at my kids' school. Tonight was a PTO meeting at which I had to give a minor presentation concerning the launch of our latest fundraiser, and since, as mentioned, my husband was out of town, I had to take all of my kids with me to this meeting.

Most of the time, our lives are very routine, and routine is good. But when my kids get loose in a new environment, with a new audience, with unclear parameters, all hell breaks loose. Having hell break loose, when all of the parents and all the kids in school are watching, is not a good feeling. So I am smoking a cigarette.

4 comments:

Jus said...

oooooh! I know that feeling and it NOT a good one! thoughts and prayers to you!

Jus

Elizabeth said...

i am totally going to smoke a cigarette with you, Reina de PTO

anna said...

LOL! : )

Emily said...

And I'm drinking a beer. Meet you out back!